• Welcome!
    |
    ||
    Logout|My Dashboard

Man dies in duplex fire in Galveston - The Galveston County Daily News : Local News

November 28, 2014

Man dies in duplex fire in Galveston

Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:21 am | Updated: 8:38 am, Wed Dec 12, 2012.

GALVESTON — A house fire started by a hot plate on the coldest night of the season claimed the life of a duplex resident, but his wife escaped the blaze with minor injuries, fire officials and neighbors said.

Brady Matthews, 77, was found dead at 9:45 p.m. Monday in his bedroom on the first level of the two-story home in the 2400 block of Avenue P½, officials said.

Subscription Required

An online service is needed to view this article in its entirety. You need an online service to view this article in its entirety.

Have an online subscription?

Login Now

Need an online subscription?

Subscribe

Login

Choose an online service.