- L.A. Morgan Elementary Magnet for Science and Engineering School is in need of judges for their annual Science and Engineering Fair set for today at 1410 37th St. in Galveston. To sign-up, visit http://sciencefair.bringit.bz/public/9618d5. For information, call Susan Fox, 409-457-3405.
- The Santa Fe Morning Chapter of Take Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 8:30 a.m. Fridays at the Santa Fe Fire and Rescue Station, 13112 state Highway 6, in Santa Fe. Call 409-925-6934.
- Holy Trinity Episcopal Church is offering a Tai Chi class from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Fridays at 4613 state Highway 3 in Dickinson. The cost is $5 per person, per class. Participants should wear comfortable clothing; no shoes required. For information, call 281-337-1833.
- The Serra Club of Galveston will have its social meeting at 11:45 a.m. today at Golden Corral, 6200 Seawall Blvd., in Galveston. Call Dolores Jensen, 409-771-2623.
- The Galveston College Whitecaps will have their annual spaghetti fundraiser at 5 p.m. today in the gym on campus, 4015 Ave. Q, in Galveston. Tickets are $10 per person and can be purchased in advance at the athletic office or at the door. The food will be prepared by Mario’s Seawall Italian Restaurant. For information, call 409-944-1202.
- Gulf Pride for Youth will offer a support group for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex, questioning and allies youth ages 13-20 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Fridays at 707 23rd St. in Galveston. Visit www.gulfpridefory
- The American Legion Post No. 20 will have live entertainment by “Duaine” at 6:30 p.m. today at 1503 23rd St. in Galveston. Myra’s Café also will be serving specials. For information, call 409-770-9151.
TEXAS CITY — When their son’s name was called, Jose and Juana Jaurigue stood in front of a crowd of veterans and their families at Texas City’s Memorial Park with a red, white and blue banner between them.