- Help Da Po Inc. will have its annual Thanksgiving Turkey and Food Drive from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily through Nov. 22 at 36 16th Ave. N. in Texas City. All nonperishable Thanksgiving items (no glass jars), grocery store gift cards, and monetary donations will be accepted. For information, call Yoneda Rabb-Sanders, 409-457-2947.
- The Santa Fe Morning Chapter of Take Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 8:30 a.m. Fridays at the Santa Fe Fire and Rescue Station, 13112 state Highway 6, in Santa Fe. Call 409-925-6934.
- AARP Chapter No. 199 will meet at 10 a.m. today at the Bay Area Community Center, 5002 NASA Parkway, in Seabrook. Marla Turner will speak on “Senior Investment Fraud.” There also will be a potluck afterward. For information, contact V.J. Thakkar, firstname.lastname@example.org or 832-563-4874.
- The Galveston Detachment No. 668 of the Marine Corps League will host the MCL Department of Texas Fall Staff Conference through Sunday at the Hilton Galveston Island Resort, 5400 Seawall Blvd., in Galveston. A service honoring fallen Marines will be at 5 p.m. today at the Galveston County Vietnam Memorial at Moody Gardens. A tour of the Lone Star Flight Museum will be afterward. A social hour and a banquet will be at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Hilton. For tickets and information, call 409-744-5000 or 512-671-8683.
- Gulf Pride for Youth will offer a support group for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex, questioning and allies youth ages 13-20 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Fridays at 707 23rd St. in Galveston. Visit www.gulfpridefory
Some of you are probably wondering why The Daily News’ print edition nameplate — normally printed in black ink — is pink today. If so, then we’re already raising awareness about National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.