From the Archives Jan. 30:
- In 1914, city commissioners did not take action on a resolution to request that the chief of police resign.
- In 1914, the flood relief committee requested an additional $5,000.
- In 1964, Galveston County grew 12 percent in a four-year term, according to a Research Council report.
- In 1964, the Citizens Traffic Commission was working on an ordinance to regulate ambulances on city streets in Galveston.
- In 1989, the Galveston Traffic Commission conducted a hearing on a proposal to ban curbside parking on the south side of Seawall Boulevard from Sixth to 61st streets.