From the archives of The Daily News for March 25.
- In 1914, Galveston received word that the request for funding to extend the seawall from the Ninth street curve to Fort San Jacinto had been approved by the House.
- In 1914, Col. Daniel Cornman was expected to arrive in Galveston to take command of the Fifth Brigade.
- In 1964, Galveston County residents dealt with long lines at the Tax Assessor-Collector’s office and substations as only five days remained to buy new license plates.
- In 1989, the third annual Krewe of Easter Fun Parade took place at 25th and Mechanic streets. There was an Easter bonnet contest and the Easter Bunny made an appearance.
- In 1989, the Elissa received hundreds of visitors as it was docked in Freeport.