Are you caring for an aging family member? Family caregivers take on a wide range of responsibilities for their aging loved ones from running errands, making financial decisions, giving 24/7 personal care and liaising with medical professionals. Undeniably, family caregivers are faced with a vast array of complex issues.
In their tips for caregivers, AARP notes, “taking care of yourself and your needs is like performing regular maintenance on your car.”
Right at Home (RAH) can provide a helping hand to care for your aging family member. We provide trained, insured and bonded caregivers for a variety of care services. Whether it’s for extra assistance after a stay in the hospital, an aging parent who needs extra help or companionship to remain in their own home or as a respite for a husband or wife who cares for an ailing spouse, we can help!
RAH can help you or your loved one with everyday activities such as grocery shopping, meal preparation, laundry, linen changes, other light housekeeping, and more personal care such as bathing or toileting. RAH is not only for the elderly but can also benefit someone who is disabled, a veteran or just home from surgery and needs assistance.
Home Care and assistance is typically not covered by insurance or Medicare, but RAH will work with long term health insurance and veterans’ agencies that may cover RAH services. RAH is perfect for someone who wants to remain independent but has challenges with the everyday activities of living.
Kristen Carlson, local owner of Right at Home, was inspired to buy the Right at Home Franchise after trying to find care for her elderly aunt.
“I was missing a lot of work and I just needed an extra helping hand for my aunt, Estelle Greenwalt to enable her to stay at home,” said Kristen.
Estelle, a lifelong Galveston resident, was able to live happily at home until her death at the age of 91. Kristen opened the doors to Right at Home eight months after Estelle’s death and is committed to helping others such as Estelle remain “Right at Home.”
How is Right at Home Different?
• Personalized, customer-focused service plans that are specific to each client’s needs.
• Right at Home’s seven years of proven service in the Galveston area.
• Services are flexible — as little as three hours up to 24 hours of care and there is never an obligation. There are no required number of days per week.
• Customer service is our key; staff is available 24 hours a day and all caregivers are supervised and managed.
• All caregivers are screened thoroughly including national background checks and drug test every caregiver prior to hire and randomly thereafter.
• Right at Home is licensed by the state of Texas to provide personal care and all caregivers are bonded and insured (liability and workers’ compensation insurance).
Right at Home, Greater Galveston area is locally owned and provides in-home living and companion services. Their mission is to improve the quality of life for those they serve. They do this by providing high quality caregivers to serve you. For more information call 409-740-7400 or on the web at www.rahgalveston.com.