To be the first choice of clients by executing quality work through continuing education, training and teamwork.
Products that Produce Results
• The ERGO brushes with their tourmaline crystal complex effect causes hair to become tighter, dry faster, neutralize odor, smoothes the frizzes, adds luster and a mirror-like super shine.
• Jewelry by Marti Terry will make the perfect gift for that “person of interest” on Valentine Day.
• Rashell Masc-A-Gray hair color mascara covers gray hair between salon visits. With 12 shades to choose from, they are also good for mustaches and beards.
• Aquage Seaextend Silkening Power Infusion- instantly repairs and silkens color-treated hair in four ways. It penetrates deeply, seals cuticles, replenishes moisture and locks color molecules.
• AVEDA Be Curly- Prep, Curl controller, Enhancer and Enhancing hair spray System is the perfect foundation for wavy or curly hair. It seals cuticle to define and maintain the wave and curl while providing frizz control.
Now Looks For 2013
Everyone will be seeing a host of hairstyles being accented with fringe/bangs. They never go out of style but are making a renewed impact because of our First Lady. If your hesitant about cutting fringe/bangs try faux styling bangs. Looking forward to 2013 Spring/Summer looks, a short cropped boyish haircut like Anne Hathaway seen in “Les Miserables” or a geometric crop pixie like on Rihanna. What about a Cameron Diaz “Beachy Bob, “ that has a tousled textured look. Another Bob cut that’s making a hit is what Julianne Hough is sporting — a piecey, razored look.
New Hair Color can liven up your hair in a flash. Experimenting with vibrant shades or choose more subtle tones that are natural yet so elegant and sexy. Let our colorist help you make that choice. Be a Bombshell Brunette, Golden Godness or a Vibrant Vixen.
Boot Camp 101
This year’s annual continuing training and education theme was “GROW-Essential Guide to Success.” The Salon’s core values being vision, motto, goals, and culture were discussed. On the technician’s development path, subjects included career behavior traits, etiquette and financial expectations.
Exciting moments of the boot camp included straight from the clouds, Luis Alvarez with AQUAGE, which just received a great review on the “DOCTORS”. His surprise SKYPE appearance introduced the AQUAGE segment, followed by Kelly Wright’s demonstrations of the line. When Luis’s time was expired, Robert Reed with ERGO was beamed in over the airwaves. He reinforced the Ergo brushes features and the art of blow-drying. Back to earth, Liz Cook with “Liz Etc. PR” shared Lulu’s branding strategies thru social media, blogging on the salon’s website, and national magazines, all in conjunction with marketing the EVOLVE VOLUMIZER.
But truly the person of most impact was Laura Lopez Cano with “Who am I? I am Awesome!” Laura is a recognized artist, public speaker, business and life coach. Her workshop on team building, leadership, and collaboration gave credence to empowering yourself and others. Staff exercises included self-portrait paintings to identify five communication tools. This interactive art project with self-discovery questions fosters self-awareness. Lulu’s commitment to its staff once again was demonstrated.
Lulu’s the Salon and Day Spa is located at 5205 Ave U. For information, call 409-744-5323 or visit www.luluthesalon.com.